AHF 2024 Call for entries
The entry period for our fourteenth annual AHF Awards is now open through the end of March 31st. General details and requirements can be found at the bottom of the page. For additional details and requirements, and to enter into a category, click on any of the seven categories below.
To gain inspiration, please check out the 2023 award winners announced in May. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Bennett – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exemplary Leadership Award – This award will be bestowed upon the operator member who best reflects the commitment to operational excellence that Don Marsh brought to healthcare foodservice. Don Marsh, former president of the American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators (ASHFSA), was dedicated to the healthcare profession and to his colleagues. He was a longtime supporter of programs to raise professionalism of operators in the healthcare foodservice industry and was known to contribute generously. The award will recognize member contributions in their operations as well as to regional, local chapters or networking meetings.
- Future Horizons Award – This award recognizes operator members who are new to management (less than 5 years in management role) and demonstrate a desire for future growth through contributions to their hospitals or community.
- Partnership & Leadership Award – This award recognizes an operator member’s facility that demonstrate a strong commitment to self-operation and currently supports the foodservice director or foodservice administrative director.
- Spotlight Award – This award recognizes operator members who have enhanced operations through new ideas and industry trends. This may include any of the following: technology, program development, implementation, innovation, sustainability, community impact, mergers/aquisitions, and/or creative use of managing finances.
- Sustainability Award – This award recognizes operator members who implemented or continuously improved and expanded foodservice waste reduction programs on the path to sustainability. Areas include food waste reduction, waste storing programs, composting, recycling, water conservation, improving use of reusable, and food donation programs.
- Benchmarking Excellence Award – This award recognizes a healthcare facility who has used AHF Benchmarking EXPRESS™ consistently, showed improvement in KPI’s and utilized data to improve their operations.
- Chapter of the Year Award – This award recognizes an AHF Local Chapter that promotes the overall Association’s mission.
notes & Rules
- – This competition is open only to self-operated healthcare foodservice facilities/AHF Operator Members.
- – A nominee may only win in only ONE category. Please select the category that best aligns with your nomination. Multiple submissions of a single project in multiple categories are discouraged.
- – Our Awards Committee compare the criteria outlined on the submission pages to the actual submissions. Directly address the questions to improve your odds of placing.
- – The Awards Committee are free to reject any entry that does not meet basic criteria outlined on the submissions page. The Awards Committee may also choose to move an entry from one category to another if they feel it’s a better fit.
- – Judging will occur in April and the award winners will be notified via email.
- – Award winners will be highlighted at our Annual Conference and featured in the 2025 issues of SO Connected.